Tuesday, June 04, 2013

May Arts Design Team Submission

Oh my gosh! I never submit for design teams because it makes me nervous but I had to throw in my hat for the Design Team Call to be on May Arts team.  I loooovvve ribbon, and yes I do hoard.  There will be two rounds, so crossing my fingers I get through round one!

If you are interested in also submitting your work for this fabulous company and product here is the link:  May Arts Design Team Call

So for my first submission and a short tutorial I created this journal and titled it  "My Scrapiness".  I wove several different elements together to give the journal a "want to touch" it feeling.  I wanted to have this journal as my inspiration journal; therefore I wanted to make sure the cover first portrayed my personality which is a "little bit of everything".  Secondly, I need to be inspired to pick up the journal and write so for me it has to have texture and interest.



1.  Cut piece of cardstock to fit cover of your journal.  I cut Kraft cardstock 6x9



2.  Leaving 1 inch border all the way around my 6x9 piece I started cutting from upper left side every 1/2 inch from top to bottom till I reached 1/2 inch from my right edge.

3.  Then I started weaving in and out different ribbon, fiber, fabric, pattern paper through the slits that I cut.

4.  When finished filling in all the space, I machine sewed all along my 1 inch border so that none of my weaving and ribbons would unravel.

5.  Lastly I added different elements to make my cover interesting. I then glued the 6x9 sheet on my journal cover.



My favorite thing to make are mini albums here is a mini album I did for the May Arts / Basically Bare swap.  I used lots of May Arts ribbon and Little Yellow Bicycle

 
 
 
My third project to submit is this cute Door Hanger I did for a Baby Girl's room.
 
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by, wish me luck that I get through the first round :)  Have a scrappy day ...
 
 
 


 

3 comments:

  1. crossing my fingers and toes for you!! projects are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Projects! Especially the journal cover, just love how you wove the ribbons and fibers. Definitely have to try that technique soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your Scrappiness journal is delightful!
    Best of luck to you with the call :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...