Saturday, December 03, 2011

Day 3 of Christmas Blog Hop


It is Day THREE of Beatriz and Veronica’s Christmas Blog Hop and I want to thank you for joining us.   I am a busy mad scrapping maniac right now.  There are embellishments, paper and chipboard all over my scrap room and leaking into the dining room.  Like I didn’t have enough Christmas stuff - I went out and bought MORE PAPER!  Luckily for me, I will have most of the day tomorrow to spend in my scrap room.  I did start a (I must say very cute) album last night but didn’t get to finish it today as I had hoped. 

I am teaching a class this weekend at the Paper Niche, so spent the day making my class kits.  So while at the Paper Niche a couple of ladies asked about my Christmas Album that I am teaching, then I started to think to myself - should that album be the giveaway?

I would like to hear your comments on that.  J  In the mean time, here is my DAY THREE CHRISTMAS BLOG HOP INSPIRATION. 

Please remember to follow me and leave me a comment.  Remember all names will be picked at random for the Blog Candy alias album.





I actually made this album last year.  It is kind of an eclectic style with many different lines of paper and patterns.  The cover has an adorable wood snowman and the album itself is made from paper bags.  The cover is chipboard and the binding is faux suede from K and Company.  I placed eyelets in the suede binding and threaded through the fiber before adhering it to the album.  Of course I love adding charms and goodies to my bindings.



I used Hambly screens and Hambly Christmas print paper.  As always I sewed my mattes





On this page I used a “floating matte” You can slide a tag underneath the matte which is always good for journaling or adding extra photos.  You can have a tag sliding in from the side or you could have had the tag slide in from the top of the matte. 







I cut this cute snow man off a Christmas card I received, then all I did was embellish the snowman with glitter brads, jewel, flowers, and die cut leaves.  Makes a great embellishment right?




I used Tim Holtz distress inks and Glimmer Mist on these tags to prepare them.  Then I stamped my images and colored it the images in with Copics.
All the tags have very fuzzy, furry fiber tied on them.  When the tags are put in the pocket pages of the album – it brings out the eclectic feel of the whole album.


Thank you for playing along with Beatriz and I.  Dont forget to head on over to Bea's blog  and leave her a comment.

Remember Bea is giving away a beautiful two page layout and I am giving away an album.  If you "click" onto classes on my blog (up top front page) you will see what "christmas album" I am teaching at the Paper Niche this weekend.

Happy Day three, stop in and see us for Day 4!







13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute mini!! love all the embellishments it has.
    cecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable album. I like the idea of using cuts from old cards to work with your embellishments. I don't think it would matter to any of us what album you select as the blog candy...all of your work is fabulous!
    Veronica
    vballen@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:41 PM

    i cannot tell you how inspired i am just looking at your albums!!i would be proud to own any of them! cgreer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mini. The details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your albums are so great. I would be proud of any one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Veronica...Love the vintage look!!

    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing!!!! My friends from Dothan are LOVING your albums and me too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful album :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG the front of this one is fabulous!!! Love the snowman and wooden snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this so adorable, I love love this album, all the detalis are amazing!!!
    Karla U

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so so beautiful. I love the traditional colors and all the details are just awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. The embellishment from a Christmas card is such a good idea!Great album!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...